NFC module in the official specifications of the smartphone
To find out if your smartphone supports NFC, you need to look in the settings of your Android device.
- Open the Settings app on your Android smartphone.
- Next, go to the “Connected Devices” section.
- Then check the entire list of items in this section if there is an NFC function, then your device supports NFC technology.
- Drag the slider to NFC active mode.
If after the above steps you did not find an item with NFC, it means that this technology is not in your smartphone. But you can still check its presence in another way.
You can call quick settings by swiping from top to bottom. A menu pops up with icons to configure. If your Android smartphone has an NFC module, there will be a corresponding icon in the quick settings.
You can find out if your smartphone supports NFC in the official specifications about this device. This can be done both on the official website and using the additional information that is included with the box of your smartphone.
Below is a list of Android smartphones that support NFC:
- Alcatel Pop S7 7045Y
- Alcatel U5 HD and A7
- Xiaomi Mi6
- Xiaomi Mi5S
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Huawei Honor 9
- Huawei Honor 6X
- Huawei Honor 5C
- Huawei P10 Lite
- Huawei Nova 2
- LG G6
- LG V30
- LG Q6 and Q6
- LG X Venture
- Lenovo P2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Sony Xperia L1
- Sony Xperia E5
- Sony Xperia XA1
- Nokia 3
- Nokia 5
- Nokia 6
- Nokia 8
- Asus ZenFone 4
- Asus ZenFone 4 Pro.
- Asus ZenFone 4AR
- Blackview BV6000S
- Blackview BV8000 Pro
- Wileyfox Swift 2X
- HTC Desire 530
- HTC U Ultra
- HTC U11 and U11 Plus
- Google Pixel 2/2XL.
- OnePlus 5/5T.
- ZTE Nubia Z17 and Z17 mini
- Moto G5s
Of course, this list cannot be complete, at the time when you are watching it, the number of models may have already increased, so if you know an Android smartphone with NFC support, write in the comments.
Which devices support
Contactless transmission technology first appeared in 2004, but the NFC microchip began to be used in the manufacture of mobile devices many years later. This is the only reason why you will hardly find such a function on outdated smartphones. If necessary, you can independently find out if your phone supports such a payment system, we will talk about this below.
So, the NFC block is equipped only in modern gadgets. If we consider the popular Apple brand, then owners of the iPhone 6 series and above can safely make contactless payments. But we are interested in devices with the Android operating system. Smartphones from the manufacturer Samsung of the S line, starting from the 8th model, A5 and A6 not earlier than 2016, the J family from 2017.
If you find out that your personal smartphone is not capable of making contactless payments, you should not give up and get upset. You can purchase additional equipment that will make your desires come true. The following accessories are available:
- NFC antenna. This is an external antenna, which is equipped with a microchip. It is a small flat area. It needs to be attached to the SIM card, so this method is perfect for devices with a removable back cover. The fixture can be attached to the inner wall and it will not interfere with use. It is characterized by a significant consumption of electrical energy and literally eats up the battery.
- SIM card with NFS support. Currently, major cellular providers have begun to release new developments – SIM cards with an integrated microchip for contactless data transfer. Thus, you can make purchases in the store using Android. But keep in mind that to transfer details to a SIM card, you need a smartphone with a built-in NFC module. The device is sold at any mobile phone office, and you can buy a paired SIM with an antenna. To conduct a transaction, you need to create a separate bank account.
- Separate NSF tags. They are small stickers in which the transmitter is embedded. Now they are easy to get in the digital equipment store. With the help of special applications, such a device can be programmed to perform many functions.
The article describes how to check if the NFC module works or not on Android. A similar procedure can be performed independently. If your smartphone is equipped with a transmitter, then you are in luck, you can switch to a new payment method, through a contactless transaction.
How to know if NFC works on Android
If the mobile device is equipped with the appropriate module, then the system settings will mention this:
- Go to system settings.
- Select the connected devices or wireless access tab.
- A list of functions will appear on the display, scroll through them, there should be an NFC module.
- If you find the corresponding item, then your smartphone supports this technology.
On many gadgets, you have to activate the function manually, for this, here, move the slider to the active position. It should be borne in mind that on different models and brands of mobile devices, the location of the main controls may differ, because each manufacturer adheres to its own unique technique in the manufacture of the device.
Do it much easier, see if the phone has NFS using special software. The application is called “NFC Check”, it is freely available in the official Play Market software store and works for free. It is compatible with all mobile devices and firmware versions.
After downloading, the utility will be automatically installed in the system. Find the shortcut on your desktop and run it. The interface is as simple as possible, you will see a large check button on the display, tap it with your finger and the application will instantly generate a reliable answer. If the microchip is not provided for in the design, you will see a failure.
In addition to the methods described, there are other, less common ways to check the performance:
- Usually, if there is a contactless communication module, the corresponding icon is displayed in the quick access menu. To check, swipe your finger across the screen from top to bottom. This will open a list of indicators.
- Find a description of the characteristics of the smartphone in paper form or in the network space. It should include NFC compatibility information.
When buying equipment, it is recommended to carefully study the main parameters and technical characteristics of the model, you need to check the presence of a transmitter.